Creative Thinking, Innovative Solutions, Experience ...the Coastal Marina Management Difference
Scott has over 43 year's professional experience in the marina business. He is well versed in dry storage, harbor and marina management, yacht and commercial vessel operations and special event promotion. Scott believes in the integration of upland amenities with marina operations and the connectivity of marine components such as comparable marinas and yacht clubs, boat dealerships and marine service centers.Served on the steering committee with the State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection to create the widely recognized and acclaimed certified Clean Marina Program.
Been recognized as a Certified Marina Manager.
Maintained an active membership of the Association of Marine Industries since 1985
Served as Director of the North West Florida Marine Industries Association.
Past Chairman of the Northwest Florida Marine Trades Association. During his term as Chairman, membership in the Association grew by 20%
In 2006 Scott created Coastal Marina Management which offers effective and creative management solutions for today's waterfront marine developments. CMM's mission is to be an active and passionate advocate of the boating lifestyle by delivering across-the-board service, dynamic marina management, innovative consulting for waterfront development and design, and exciting special events.
Presently CMM operates nine marinas, six of which are located in Florida, one in Alabama, one in South Carolina, and one in Texas. The newest addition is The Emerald Coast Boatyard, located in Fort Walton Beach, Fl. The CMM managed marina family represents a combined excess of 3500 racks/slips under management consisting of upland amenities, nationally recognized fishing tournaments, boat shows, boatyard repair facilities and major transient yacht destinations.
Born and raised in Glasgow, Scotland, Scott lives on a horse farm in Chipley, Florida with his wife of 36 years and has a 23 year old son. His hobbies include boating, horseback riding and flying.
Chris serves as President of Wheels Up Events LLC, a subsidiary of CMM. Chris is responsible for all CMM special events including The Wharf Boat & Yacht Show, The Blue Marlin Grand Championship and The Gulf Coast Triple Crown Championship Series.
A native Floridian, Chris grew up around boats. His knowledge is based upon years of Gulf Coast experience. He began his career as Marina and Property Manager for Zeke's Marina, a 250 dry rack, 60 wet slip, retail, restaurant and commercial complex in Orange Beach, Alabama. The eight years of hands on experience in all levels of operations served Chris well as a foundation for his growth in the marina industry.
Chris left Zeke's to become the Director of Marina and Beach/Pool operations at the highly acclaimed and internationally renown Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Destin, Florida. He quickly put his organizational skills to work and had an immediate affect on the 100 slip yacht harbor building a reputation based upon high-end concierge level service and impeccable operations management. Very quickly, Sandestin's Baytowne marina became known as the most sought after large yacht transient destination of Florida's Gulf Coast.
As President of Wheels Up Events, Chris believes in:
- Careful planning, thorough execution and meticulous event operations.
- Today's events must be exciting, high-energy and most importantly, fun for the whole family.
- He re-thinks and re-invents everything we do everyday.
- First impressions are everything. No detail is too small.
- Connectivity and transparency. Each event requires a dedicated group of actively involved stakeholders with genuine commitment to the overall success of the event.
- He understands the big picture. Boating today is a lifestyle centered on the entire family.
During his five year tenure at Sandestin, Chris was responsible for bringing many new events to the property including boat dealer conferences, multiple boating rendezvous, boat shows and the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic which has grown into one of the largest Billfish Tournament on the Gulf Coast.
Chris and his wife Christine live in Niceville with their four family dogs.
Angie serves as Vice President of Operations and is responsible for daily operations and planning for all CMM managed marinas.
A native of Texas, Angie grew up in and around the automobile and manufacturing industry east of Dallas. Her family moved their business to the Florida panhandle and this is when her love of the Gulf Coast and boating flourished. Attending college in Texas after high school, Angie took a move back to Panama City where she shared in the management of the family business, overseeing the Administrative and Human Resources for the company then transitioning into daily operations.
In 2010 Angie joined the Coastal Marina Management team. She has since lead the Administrative and Human Resources for all CMM operated marinas. As a member of SHRM and currently in the process of earning her SPHR in Global Human Resources at Troy University, Angie has transitioned into all aspects of operations for the companies managed marinas, as well as new projects. Angie brings a new angle to our operations, while maintaining CMM's already passionate principles to the marina industry.
As Vice President of Operations, her core beliefs are:
- Building a well-trained and prepared staff helps creates a paramount customer experience every time.
- Keeping family as a cornerstone to the boating industry is today's new boating lifestyle.
- Presentation and professionalism are what helps make CMM marinas a success.
- Bringing technology to the forefront in our operations keeps our marinas cutting edge and prepared to enhance customer experiences.
- No detail is too small.
- Operating every marina and every project with passion, and enthusiasm builds strong teams and great attitudes.
- Relationship building industry wide brings connectivity in all CMM projects and works as a catalyst for success.
Angie plays a vital role in special events such as The Wharf Boat and Yacht Show and The Blue Marlin Grand Championship in Orange Beach Alabama.
Marina Operations, South Florida
Matt has over 20 years of professional experience in commercial development and construction. A high-honors graduate of the University of Florida, he is a Florida native who has spent his entire life on and around the coastal waters of Florida and the Caribbean. He has a deep respect for mother nature and a strong love for everything to do with boating. His experience includes a wide array of projects from hotels to hospitals, office complexes, retail centers, institutional, industrial, and his favorite........ Mixed-use developments that focus on Marinas.
Matt's expertise in marina development and construction provides our clients with invaluable services including:
- Effective integration of in-water and upland development
- Marina re-development options
- Marina entitlement processing
- Pre-purchase inspection
- Development proforma analysis
- Marina cost estimating and budget conformance
- Marina constructability review
- Evaluation of construction cost vs. value
- State, local and environmental permit expediting
- Marina design and engineering management
- Contractor bidding and evaluation
- Marina tenant leasing
- Quality assurance & scheduling inspections
- Marina maintenance and repair options
- Property and Condo Association management
Matt and his seaworthy wife live aboard their Voyage catamaran "Lost Cat" on the Florida west coast. He enjoys sailing, fishing, and diving, and is an FAA instrument rated pilot, PADI certified dive master, ASA certified sailing instructor, and USCG licensed Master Captain.